The website for documentary & film festival enthusiasts. Subscribe to our posts about which docs to watch and film festivals to visit.
Over 75 industry sessions, masterclasses and interviews with filmmakers will be at Sheffield Doc/fest this year. The sessions are great opportunity to extend ones knowledge about the documentary film industry, documentary filmmaking and learn from the best ones in the industry, and an important part of the festival. With only 9 more days to go until the big doc fiesta, it´s time to look more closely at the list of sessions. As before the topics of the sessions vary and everyone should find something suitable for his/her interests. The problem will be when it comes to choosing which ones to attend. Here some of the most interesting sessions/masterclasses/interviews:
* Q&A with 5 Broken Cameras Directors’ Emad Burnat and Guy Davidi, Venue: The UKTV HUBS C, Saturday 16 June 2012 14:45.
* BAFTA: Making Of Frozen Planet, Venue: The Crucible Studio, Friday 15 June 2012 12:30.
* Best Practice: How to Finance, Produce and Distribute Cross-Media Projects Internationally, Venue: The ITV Town Hall Reception Rooms, Thursday 14 June 2012 11:45.
* Directors UK: Learning to Shoot and Direct for New Self-Shooters, Venue: The Chapel, Friday 15 June 2012 13:30.
* Editor Masterclass: Chris King, Venue: The Crucible Theatre, Saturday 16 June 2012 11:00. King has received two Academy Award nominations, two Baftas, and numerous other awards for projects like Senna, Exit Through The Gift Shop, Our War, and Welcome To Lagos.
* Hidden Storytellers: The Art of the Documentary Film Editor, Venue: The Crucible Theatre, Friday 15 June 2012 17:45.
* Middle East Docs 2012: Mirage or Reality? Venue: The ITV Town Hall Council Chamber, Friday 15 June 2012 10:00.
* More Than Just Money – The Unexpected Benefits of Crowdfunding, Venue: The ITV Town Hall Reception Rooms, Thursday 14 June 2012 09:30.
* Secrets of Successful Producers: Lessons for Women and Other Filmmakers, Venue: The ITV Town Hall Reception Rooms, Friday 15 June 2012 17:15.
* Think Outside the Box Office: Artistic Entrepreneurship for Documentary Filmmakers, Venue: The ITV Town Hall Reception Rooms, Friday 15 June 2012 10:30.
* V-Pods and Antipodes: A Masterclass with Victor Kossakovsky, Venue: The UKTV HUBS C, Saturday 16 June 2012 17:45.
* Working with the Balkans, Venue: The Crucible Theatre, Friday 15 June 2012 09:00.
List of all sessions can be seen here.